I think I'm starting to get composed when comes to the topic 'death' as I have dealt with this issue almost every now and then when i come to realize it. And the most major one i had will be the Dragon Boat accident that made me ran 3 funeral in a day and busy without sleep till the cremation day. I can't say that I'm immune to it but somehow i came to understand that this is just part and parcel of life
I was lazing away at home on Saturday night when Weihan my senior from secondary called. I totally hate it when people who don usually call me called over and they will always start with a low tone voice muttering, "hey do you already know what happened to ...." by the time i hear this normally the outcome who just be the same.
Of cos tonnes of unanswered questions zoomed into my mind. I couldn't concentrate even doing my assignments after that. I start to recollect on all the CCA moments that had us, some of the conversations that we shared and of cos the journey that we go back home together with XY sometimes as we really stay so near to one another, it was just so convenient.
Raymond is a down to earth chap i must say. A man with few words that is what i can remember him as.
The funeral is just a minute walk away from where i stay but somehow I could not even bring myself to face his picture that I can imagine that will be there.It will be horrible and to think that life is just so fragile.
Sometimes i start thinking .. who will be next ...
Many people knew about the accident and my estate is just swarmed with people these few days.
Raymond died in a car accident with his girlfriend on Sunday morning 1.45am. They were both placed side by side at the pavilion where their body will rest temporarily together these few days. Somehow,I managed to brought my guts and I went down at 00:30 and there was still many people there. Saw a few familiar faces but i just wasnt in the mood to make any connections there.
Once inside the pavilion,I was immediately confronted by his dad with swollen eyes obviously. I told him i was Raymond's secondary school fren and how we used to walk home many years back.
However, i being a trainee in the field of my bachelor i was at a lost of words at the moment. I totally understand why we werent supposed to pick up cases that we are associated in the future. I used all the wrong words and all i could say is uncle are u ok?
As I offered my respect i occasionally took a peep at his smiling picture in front of the coffin as well as his girlfriend who was just placed next to him. Somehow they really seem blessed both with the same lovely picture put up at there.
I was scard if i had to go near the coffin because i wanted to have their beautiful picture painted inside my head. However i realized it was closed but i believe they both looked the best.
The whole episode jolted me like an electric shock.I can't help but to walk home as soon as i can. I'd just lost a senior, another part of my memory that i had before. I stared into space before I decided that this whole episode must be written down and i read a 1000 times through it before I regain my sanity again.
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,175213,00.html
(I read the news and im deeply saddened. However, somehow the good point is that they are now both together and maybe even forever)
# posted by Denise at
9/01/2008 09:06:00 PM